Sunday, August 31, 2008

Greetings!

OK, Rarah has inspired me. I'm going to take a crack at this Bloggy thingy...

It is the last day of August, and it's going to be sweltering! Gustav is on his way to New Orleans to test out the rebuilt levies, and then to bring some much needed rain to Texas. It's a lazy weekend at the Williams household, after 2 weeks of dog sitting Alli (means dog in Australian) and a couple nights with Blue. Murphy and Blue only had a couple of throwdowns, but we lost a wooden CD/DVD tower in the second one. It's odd to us that they fight because Murphy is such a docile old guy and gets along with most other dogs.

Madelyn is at her dad and Rarah's this weekend, and if last night's phone call is any indication, she's having a large time! Justin had a date last night, he said she's a horse trainer. When I asked what kind of horse training, he said all kinds, but mostly she saddle breaks them! He also mentioned something about the way she fills out a pair of Wranglers - I'm not sure what that means...

I spent a couple of days this past week in the thriving metropolis of San Angelo, assisting with interviews for a couple of supervisor openings. Every time I go to San Angelo, I am flooded with memories of Mom and the places she would go and the places she worked. I took a couple of folks to dinner at Western Sky. It looks exactly the same as it did in the 70's when she worked there - I'm not sure they've even painted... I told the waitress about her - probably a waste of her time, but I enjoy getting the chance to talk about Mom.

So, there it is, my first entry into the world of blogging... Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bro -- Good show!
I am so up after watching the democratic Convention! Michelle Obama and her kids hit the ball out of the park! And Joe Biden and his son ... well they were just great! Barack was the star -- his choice to accept the nomination in a football stadium with 80,000 common people -- said it all-- its about the people --about us-- If that didn't sew up my vote -- Mc Cain's insane choice of a running mate certainly did-- can you imagine her as VP much less the next president -- oh my -- what mistake---
Good luck with the Blog - I'll be watching--
Bubba

Rarah said...

Wow - I made the cut for topic of discussion on your first blog! I love it! And I love that you're doing it. Keep it up - I sooo look forward to reading it all the time and getting to know more and more about life with the Williams!

And by the way... the way she fills out a pair of wranglers... even this city girl knows what that means! But you are the parent so maybe your better off not knowing!